Pork Tenderloin Paprika
Serves 4 to 6.
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs pork tenderloin, visible fat removed, cubed
- 3 to 4 Tb flour
- 1 Tb paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth (2 bouillon cubes or base in 1 cup hot water)
- 3 Tb red wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 3 Tb tomato paste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:
In a plastic bag, toss pork cubes with flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. Chop green pepper and garlic and add to a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow cooker/Crock Pot. In a separate bowl or 2-cup measuring cup, combine broth, vinegar, and tomato paste; set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add floured pork and chopped onions. Brown quickly; transfer to slow cooker/Crock Pot. Pour broth mixture into hot skillet; scrape the bottom to get browned bits then pour the hot mixture over the pork mixture. Stir mixture well. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Add sour cream 15 minutes before serving.Serves 4 to 6.
2 comments:
Good girl that you are to cook all these yummy sounding dishes....if I had a bunch of money I'd love to have someone do my cooking for me....shhhhhh thats my little secret.....however, it'd have to be really healthy cooking as we are Weight Watchers at this house...or 3 of us are...Daniel is NOT. I know a lot of your stuff is pretty healthy though...that's good!
It sounds so yummy. I love all the ingredients, so I am sure it came out delicious.
BTW, Gordon has something in the crockpot too for Dave Lavravich's salmon bbq potluck. I need to learn to use the crockpot too. So thenks for your recipes and inspiration.
Post a Comment