Saturday, January 15, 2011

More about our time with Aimee

So, I think she's having fun.  If the giggles are any indication anyway!! :)  I have to tell you, some of the funniest stuff has gone on here!  One day I came home from class to hear these high-pitched giggles and exclamations as the girls sat at the end of the table on Tiana's laptop.  They had two browsers open so that they could each have their Facebook accounts open at the same time.  They were having an instant message conversation with each other and acting as though they were far away from each other, but at the same time excited to be sitting right next to each other!  Weird teen stuff I guess! We have definitely had some good laughs!!

The first Saturday we invited whoever wanted to join us to go downtown.  Victoria, Karissa, Charlotte and Kaylin all joined us and we had a good time riding the bus, walking all over and generally trying to give Aimee a quick overview of our fair city.

Day downtown with Aimee

Sunday dinner consisted of a Thanksgiving-style dinner.  Funny girl sniffed everything before she'd try it -- IF she'd try it!!  She does like turkey (at least MINE! - not so much in lunch meat!), wouldn't even try the stuffing, sweet potatoes also wouldn't pass her lips.  Pumpkin pie was not a favorite, either, but she did like the whipped cream!
With Aimee


Today we went to the peninsula.  First through Port Gamble on the way to Kingston.  Included, of course, was a ferry ride with the car actually going with us!  Apparently Aussie ferries are passenger only and barges are used for getting cars around!  Here's the bulk of the photos I took.

Ferry ride and Port Townsend with Aimee

1 comment:

Pat said...

Your house will be so quiet next week! I feel kind of sorry for Tiana when Aimee leaves! Enjoyed you mini tour. Will be anxious for the next pictures.