v., sniffed, sniff·ing, sniffs. 1. To inhale a short, audible breath through the nose, as in smelling something. 2. To use the sense of smell, as in savoring or investigating: sniffed at the jar to see what it held. 3. Informal. To pry; snoop: The reporters came sniffing around for more details. TAKE THE TIME TO SNIFF AROUND! WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU'LL FIND -- IS IT COFFEE? BAKING COOKIES? WORSE?!?!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
YUCK! :(
My hubby's sick!! He's been smacked super hard with a cold of the nastiest degree -- on the week of his boss' spring break/family vacation!! That means long days at the shop for Kent and he feels just gross! I made him stay home from meeting tonight and so he did get a bit of rest, but now he's just restless! May have to put my Pork Tenderloin Paprika off for another day and make a batch of chicken noodle soup instead! We'll see! I'm sure the noodles could even be homemade! Yesterday and today I made 147 Pelmeni, 2 loaves of rye-ish bread and brownies that had the addition of peanut butter chips in them! YUM!! So for the rye-ish bread, I made a half-batch of the bread I made the other day, substituting 1/2 of the oil with olive oil, the 1/8 c. sugar with molasses, 3 c. of rye flour and then about 2¾ c. or so of white flour. It is SOO good! It made 2 loaves and I shared one with the neighbors to thank them for the dinner the other night! Now I'm thinking that I will go and make my bed in the guest room and head off for slumber soon. I sure hope Kent can get some sleep again so that he feels better tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
soo sorry to hear about this. I hope too that he will have a good night's rest and feel better tomorrow. I didn't notice he wasn't at G.M.this evening.
Give Kent a hug from his M-I-L and that should make it all better!
Post a Comment