- Cell phones: plain and simple - DON'T USE THEM! No, I don't mean never, I just mean when you are in the checkout line, the drive-thru line, the Starbucks order line. You waste the employees time, you waste the time of your fellow customer who is ready to order/check-out and you're rude. There, I said it. YOU ARE RUDE! And whatever you do DO NOT initiate the call JUST AS YOU GET TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE! Thank you.
- I've used the very common, possibly trite greeting of "how are you?" so the proper response is NOT, repeat NOT, "Give me a mocha!" Actually, that brings us to
- "Give me..." is not proper at all! "May I please have...?" even "Can I please get...?" is okay! Not grammatically correct, but at least polite! With pleasant demeanor and a smile I'll even take, "Phew! What a day! I need a ...!" I work for pennies, maybe even for far less than what you make, but that does not make me your servant or a dog! As a matter of fact, I think dogs get treated better some days! Speaking of dogs, let's get to
- Dogs aren't allowed in food establishments. Yes, of course the exceptions are SERVICE animals. That technically does not include your "therapy" animal (by law they are defined as completely different!). ANYBODY can say their animal is a "service" dog, but does that make it right? Doesn't that dilute the reality for people who REALLY need that service? If you don't want to be asked about your dog and if you don't want your ability to bring him in with you to be in question -PUT A VEST ON IT AND MAKE SURE YOUR DOCUMENTATION IS OBVIOUS! And you know, I AM going to question the validity of your "service" animal when I've seen you 100 times WITHOUT your necessary animal! Just because today you didn't want to leave him in the car!
- Last but not least (and there are more!), in the vein of the previous complaint, make your life clear or don't be upset with me if I'm confused. The other day I posted that a little girl made a very funny remark. She came in again today and I told her mom (who happens to be a "fellow" employee) that we got quite a bang out of the statement that she had made. Mom says to me, "He". I was confused as to what she was saying until she made it clear that the little girl is a BOY!!! With LONG blond (masculine spelling!) hair in a girly ponytail with bangs! How in the world was I supposed to think this child is a boy?!?! NO ONE of the rest of the crew today had a clue that this might be a boy! Mom seemed a bit offended and maybe she's being all "new age-y" and attempting to raise her child gender neutral, but if that's the case, why was I practically chastened for assuming he was a girl?! Giving girls the opportunity to be mechanical and scientific and boys the opportunity to play with dolls is GREAT! Being offended that I'm confused isn't fair at all!
v., sniffed, sniff·ing, sniffs. 1. To inhale a short, audible breath through the nose, as in smelling something. 2. To use the sense of smell, as in savoring or investigating: sniffed at the jar to see what it held. 3. Informal. To pry; snoop: The reporters came sniffing around for more details. TAKE THE TIME TO SNIFF AROUND! WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU'LL FIND -- IS IT COFFEE? BAKING COOKIES? WORSE?!?!
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Complaints against humanity
Ok, so maybe I'm in very desperate need of vacation and that's coming up very soon, but I have some complaints. Dealing with people everyday can be so enriching, so rewarding, so uplifting, so annoying, so disappointing, so frustrating! So here's just a short list - in no particular order!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment