This lovely picture is brought to you courtesy of my co-worker MJ!! A few months ago our piano turned sour on one note. I had the tuner out and he fixed it, but didn't guarantee that he had permanently fixed that note. Well, about 2 months later it failed again! So, kinda bummed I was, but didn't really have the money to spend so "frivolously". One beautiful day at Starbucks MJ asked if I happened to know anyone who would want a piano! She had this one that had just been lanquishing in the basement and no one had ever really played it and now they would love to have it gone to make room for her daughter to move home and have more of an apartment-style living space. Imagine her surprise when I said that someone would be me!! So, we craigslisted the old piano, got rid of it and promptly headed to MJ's to get this beauty! It's in pretty decent tune (I can probably wait a while to have that done!) and it fits perfectly in the house! All that for a batch of Coffee Toffee Cookies! Thanks to her hubby for helping us move it, too! Hope we didn't do his back too much harm!! Now to think pretty seriously about starting piano lessons for Tiana, too! YAY!!
v., sniffed, sniff·ing, sniffs. 1. To inhale a short, audible breath through the nose, as in smelling something. 2. To use the sense of smell, as in savoring or investigating: sniffed at the jar to see what it held. 3. Informal. To pry; snoop: The reporters came sniffing around for more details. TAKE THE TIME TO SNIFF AROUND! WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU'LL FIND -- IS IT COFFEE? BAKING COOKIES? WORSE?!?!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Let the Music Begin!!
This lovely picture is brought to you courtesy of my co-worker MJ!! A few months ago our piano turned sour on one note. I had the tuner out and he fixed it, but didn't guarantee that he had permanently fixed that note. Well, about 2 months later it failed again! So, kinda bummed I was, but didn't really have the money to spend so "frivolously". One beautiful day at Starbucks MJ asked if I happened to know anyone who would want a piano! She had this one that had just been lanquishing in the basement and no one had ever really played it and now they would love to have it gone to make room for her daughter to move home and have more of an apartment-style living space. Imagine her surprise when I said that someone would be me!! So, we craigslisted the old piano, got rid of it and promptly headed to MJ's to get this beauty! It's in pretty decent tune (I can probably wait a while to have that done!) and it fits perfectly in the house! All that for a batch of Coffee Toffee Cookies! Thanks to her hubby for helping us move it, too! Hope we didn't do his back too much harm!! Now to think pretty seriously about starting piano lessons for Tiana, too! YAY!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that's great! if you come across another person wanting to get rid of a piano, my sis, Elly, is looking for one. That sounds like a once in a lifetime chance, but you never know. You must meet a lot of people in your line of work. :)
How exciting! I'm sorry I didn't get you texted back on Saturday. I had my phone on vibrate and I didn't get it until later. Have fun with your new toy...I'm so glad it worked out the way it did!
I can't wait to hear you play it!
wow,that's super! looks great!! and those cupcakes are definitely dangerous looking. =)
Post a Comment