Sadly, Riana's time here was far too short and we had to say good-bye. Thankfully, it is only temporary because she and her family are returning this coming winter, and Kent and I may just happen to Australia in summer 2014!!! Tiana should already be there if her plans go through the way she's hoping they do!
Other than having Riana with us, life has pretty much been the same as it has been now for the last couple of years. I do my school stuff, Tiana does her's and Kent's along for the ride. Speaking of rides, Tiana's learning to drive, so that's Kent's other job -- taking her out for practice time! I'm trying to find time to do some walking with a few classmates, too, so that has been good. I'm thinking today may be a bust, though! Bummer because I need it! I'll see what learning I get done soon!
So, tonight, although we won't really be eating together, I'm going to make these Sauerbraten Klopse. They're one of Tiana's favorites, so I'll share them, and she'll know where to find the recipe if she craves them Down Under. I'll be serving these with Spätzle and a salad.
SAUERBRATEN KLOPSE
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
2 Tbs. oil
1 c. water
1/2 c. vinegar
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1 bay leaf
4 Tbs. brown sugar
2 tsp. flour
2 Tbs. water
Mix beef, milk, crumbs, cloves, allspice, salt and pepper. Form into meatballs. Brown meatballs in hot oil. Drain off fat. Add 1 c. water, vinegar, ginger, bay leaf, and brown sugar. Cover and simmer 1/2 hour. Skim off fat. Remove meatballs and keep them warm. Mix flour and water. Slowly stir into the pan juices to make gravy. Pour gravy over meatballs. Serve with Spätzle.
Have a good day!
1 comment:
Oh wow going to Australia sounds terrific, gives you something to really look forward too!!
Post a Comment