- There's the guy who daily demands his coffee, demands a very certain scone (if any should happen to meet his approval), and demands a cup of foamy steamed half-and-half to put in his coffee. (Technically, he asks for a breve misto and we charge him for a simple cup of coffee.) From there, he proceeds to the condiment bar, grabs multiple packs of sweetner, pours part of his coffee into the trashcan (and on the countertop!), puts maybe 1/2 of the packets of sweetner in his cup, a goodly portion of which is strewn about the countertop, and then he leaves the other 1/2 of the packets on the counter -- not at all where he found them! He leaves this mess daily for us to clean up. Oh, and he doesn't tip at all!
- There's the customer who drinks all but maybe a half-swallow of his/her beverage and brings it back and says it tastes bad, can we please re-make it? Sounds like another entirely free beverage to me!!
- There's the customer who tells us how to rearrange our furniture so she can have her meetings in our lobby -- like it is her own private office! And boy does she get upset when OTHER CUSTOMERS move it back! Um...she hasn't paid us for that space, any more than the others have!
- And today! Ah, yes, today! In addition to well-seasoned barista, I got to play plumber! And why?!?! BECAUSE SOMEONE PUT 8-10 WHOLE BLUEBERRIES DOWN THE DRAIN IN THE WOMEN'S RESTROOM!!! Can you believe that?!?! I had to be a bit creative in getting them out, and had to remove the trap, the whole nine yards! And they think I don't deserve a raise because I've "maxed out" my pay!!!
v., sniffed, sniff·ing, sniffs. 1. To inhale a short, audible breath through the nose, as in smelling something. 2. To use the sense of smell, as in savoring or investigating: sniffed at the jar to see what it held. 3. Informal. To pry; snoop: The reporters came sniffing around for more details. TAKE THE TIME TO SNIFF AROUND! WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU'LL FIND -- IS IT COFFEE? BAKING COOKIES? WORSE?!?!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Thoughts to ponder
So, I work in the retail/hospitality industry and have most of my working life. Some of the things I encounter just leave me scratching my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Enjoyable day, I would say!!!
I don't know who left that second comment, but I can tell you this, I don't find it at all funny. A few of my favorite customers are Jews and they would NEVER do this. It's actually drug addicts who most frequently pull this stunt!
Post a Comment