Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Monday!


What a glorious weekend to give us memories to carry us through the new week! Saturday was a very HOT day with record-breaking temperatures for the area! I worked first thing in the morning, Kent had an all-day class and Tiana was camping with her CampFire group and returned home in the early afternoon. After work I got on my bike for the first time in 3 years, went for a short (albeit PAINFUL!! :) ) ride and then got myself off to a vocal recital, where Tiana joined me to listen to one of our friends who has been so supportive of Tiana in her school performances. After that we came home and I mowed the lawn and then we had a nice dinner and relaxing evening. Sunday was another gorgeous day, so after Meeting we met Gordon, Ivona and kids at the University Street Fair and soaked up the sun and atmosphere. (Maybe a bit too much sun if you look at our quite red skin!) I came home and did a 4 mile loop with Jolyn and fixed some dinner -- on the grill, of course. Today, the clouds have returned, although the temperature is still quite pleasant. This week is shaping up to be quite full, but that's okay. Kent's mom arrives tomorrow on her way to Alaska for the summer, my mom arrives sometime on Thursday (Tiana's being inducted into Junior National Honor Society that night) and Mom P. leaves Friday and not sure from there what is happening with Mom D. (and maybe adding Dad?) after that.

I need to tell you about my silly nephew, Wyatt, and his cutie-pie sister Zoé. Wyatt is spending time with Grandma and Grandpa. He HATES to have his picture taken, so I have to give him a BIG thank you for these pictures!! Zoé is the niece I've never met! She's just a wee one born in January. That's the slight problem when we all live so far apart. Tiana sure would like to spend more time with them, as she finds especially Wyatt quite a fun little character! (There, bro, are you happy now?!?! I have pictures and a bit about your kids here!! Hee!Hee!!)


3 comments:

Marla said...

What cuties Melisa - I know my parents enjoy Wyatt when he comes to visit!!

GIEJ Long said...

The kids are super cute, Meisa!!! I can't believe what a big baby Zoe is, just a month younger than Jonathan and look at her how big and cute (!!!) is.
We had a very nice time on Sunday, we got sunburned too but luckily we manage to protect the babies really well and keep them out of the sun.
Say hello to both Moms from me.

Amy said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. I haven't seen any recent pictures of Zoe and she sure is getting big!